Jeff Franklin is an American screenwriter, director, and producer. He is best known for creating the ABC sitcom Full House and its Netflix sequel Fuller House. Franklin has also created and produced a number of other shows, including Stunt Dawgs, Head Over Heels, Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper, Malcolm & Eddie, Love That Girl!, and The Last Resort.
Full House was a sitcom that aired on ABC from 1987 to 1995. The show followed Danny Tanner (Bob Saget), a widowed sportscaster, as he raised his three daughters with the help of his brother-in-law, Jesse Katsopolis (John Stamos), and best friend, Joey Gladstone (Dave Coulier). Full House was a popular and critical success, and it remains one of the most beloved sitcoms of all time.
Fuller House was a sequel to Full House that aired on Netflix from 2016 to 2020. The show followed D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Candace Cameron Bure), a recent widow, as she raised her three sons with the help of her sister, Stephanie Tanner (Jodie Sweetin), and best friend, Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber). Fuller House was a popular show with fans of the original series, but it received mixed reviews from critics.
Other shows created by Jeff Franklin
In addition to Full House and Fuller House, Jeff Franklin has created and produced a number of other shows. These shows include:
- Stunt Dawgs (1992-1993): A children’s show that followed a group of talking dogs who performed stunts.
- Head Over Heels (1997): A sitcom that followed a group of friends who worked at a fitness club.
- Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper (1992-1997): A sitcom that followed Mark Cooper (Mark Curry), a bachelor who becomes the guardian of his three nieces and nephews.
- Malcolm & Eddie (1996-1999): A sitcom that followed two friends, Malcolm Jamal (Malcolm-Jamal Warner) and Eddie Sherman (Eddie Griffin), who are very different from each other.
- Love That Girl! (2010): A sitcom that followed Ava Collins (Francia Raisa), a high school student who is trying to balance her studies with her social life.
- The Last Resort (2011): A television film that follows a group of survivors of a plane crash who are stranded on a deserted island.
Jeff Franklin is one of the most successful and influential creators and showrunners in television history. His shows have had a significant impact on popular culture, and they continue to be enjoyed by audiences of all ages. Franklin is a true pioneer in the television industry, and his legacy will continue to inspire future generations of creators and showrunners.